Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dump Truck Cake












Here's a dump truck cake I made for my great-nephew a few months back. Its' out of the Wilton fondant book, only I changed the colors up a little. I tried to show each step with pictures. It was fairly easy to do - just took a little more time than most of the other cakes I've made. And this one was completely edible - no crafting foam!

One change I will make when I do it again: the wheels look like they belong on a motor cycle instead of a truck! I should have made the tires wider with smaller hubs.

7 comments:

  1. Did you use 8"x8" pans (five of them)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...awesome cake and thanks for showing the steps. What is holding the cake up? I noticed the cake is on a board and then blocks...are these foam blocks? How high are they approximately?
    Thank you
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used craft foam, cut not quite as wide as my board and about 2" tall, then covered with foil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know approx how much fondant you used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry,I have only made this the one time and I can't remember. I do remember that I mixed the yellow with white to stretch it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to fondant cakes, what did you put under the fondant (white ganache looking icing??) Is there an easy recipe for this?

    ReplyDelete