Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Burlap Party
















A week or so ago, Rhoda, over at Southern Hospitality (I LOVE her blog!) had a burlap party. I wanted so much to participate, but I had a wedding cake to do that week and about a thousand other things, so I just couldn't.



So this week, since I'm somewhat caught up (not really - just needed to do something fun!), I dedided to throw these coasters together using burlap.

I absolutely love how they turned out!! I made some for myself and my daughter.

On the first set (with the "T"), I didn't wrap the burlap around the edges. I didn't care too much how they turned out, so on the next set I wrapped the edges. They look so much better!


First, I used Mod Podge to glue the burlap onto a ceramic tile. I then used a stencil and an indelible black marker to do the monogram.

After it was completely dry, I sprayed on a couple of coats of polyurethane. That's it!



I also made the coasters above using a pretty napkin. It was a little more tricky, since a wet napkin does tend to tear a bit easier than burlap! But, still, it's a very quick and easy project.



Since I made these for my daughter and niece, I "gift-wrapped" them together with some red ribbon.

This idea was not original with me. I got it from another blog and did a post about it a couple months back.

1 comment:

  1. Those are SO neat!! I like to find projects like this to do.

    ReplyDelete