Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mirror Redo

Years ago, in another life, I was a Home Interiors demonstrator. Over the years I've got rid of most of the items I had, except for this mirror (shown here without the mirror!). For some reason, I just liked it. But I had no where to hang it so it was just taking up closet space.



So last week when my grand kids were here and I was needing to do something crafty or decorative or adult, I decided to give it a quick coat of spray paint and hang it in my guest room that I am very slowly putting together. The spray painting was quite interesting since I had a three year old and an almost two year old "helping" me!




The quilt reflected in the mirror was given to me by my mother-in-law. Her mother made the quilt top years ago and my mother-in-law had it quilted recently and now it graces our guest bed.
And the door that is also reflected? I still haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with it. I want to use it in this room since it just "goes" with it. So I'm mulling over several ideas such as a headboard, a bookcase or just hanging it on the wall as it is.
I also have an old dresser with a round mirror that's been a part of our family for the past twenty years that I'm going to refinish this summer and put in the room. And I recently re-found some little plaques from my husband's childhood that I'm going to put on one of the walls.
This is turning into my nostalgia room! It must have something to do with my looming empty nest.
Maybe after my son's wedding in August will be the perfect time to put it all together!

1 comment: