Friday, April 16, 2010

Smiley Face Cookies

When we lived in CA, my children always looked forward to going to their grandma and grandpa's house about three hours away. They especially loved it when they discovered that grandma had Smith's cookies waiting! They were just a decorated sugar cookie with a smiley face.



Last August, when Nate & Jen were getting married, grandma and grandpa arrived with at least three dozen Smith's cookies. I guess my now-grown children are still kids at heart, because they were way too excited about those cookies!!

Now that Nate & Jen are living in Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu, I try to send something special from home in every package I send - something they can't get where they live. So, in the last package, I included about two dozen of my decorated cookies. They aren't Smith's, but since the only Smith's bakery I know of is located in southern CA, it's the best I could do! I made regular and chocolate, and put a smiley face on each one.



Since it takes so ridiculously long to get a package to Santo (usually about three weeks), I used a friend's food sealer and vacuum sealed the cookies. Don't know yet how that will work out, but I did keep about half a dozen here to open when they get their package. I figure Nate will lie and tell me they're fine whether they are or not, so this way I'll know!!

I'll let you know how it turns out. It will also help me decide if I want a food sealer of my own or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment