Saturday, July 10, 2010

Black & Red Wedding Cake



I made this cake for Jordan, a neighbor of ours for 14 years. She and my daughter, Ruth, are good friends.




There's actually a story behind this cake. The night I was to make it, my 12 year old nephew decided to try an Evel Knievel stunt and ended up in ICU with a ruptured spleen and a concussion! So I spent the time I meant to be working on this cake in the hospital waiting room!! I finally got home and started working on it at about one-thirty in the morning. I had to have it delivered at nine the next morning.

Fortunately, I had the frosting and fillings made, so all I had to do was stack and frost it. But I was extremely tired and I kept making stupid mistakes, so I had to quit and finish when I delivered it. Talk about stressful!! Wedding cakes tend to be stressful for me in the best of circumstances, but this was a little over the top!

But, all's well that ends well, as the saying goes. Jordan was happy with her cake (although I don't feel it was my best work). I ran off and forgot my camera, so my husband took this pic with his I-phone. And my nephew is pretty much out of the woods, thank God!

Anyway, congrats, Jordan and Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment