Wednesday, February 9, 2011

70's Wood Plaque Redo

I was at a friend's house and she was getting ready to toss this wood plaque. She asked if I wanted it, and I said, "Not really." Then she said she was throwing it away. So I said, "Well, if you're going to throw it away . . . " That always gets me into trouble. I hate to see anything that could possibly have any use be thrown away. That's why my closets look the way they do!

I showed it to my daughters, and neither of them were impressed. So that was the challenge I needed!



Since both my daughters decorate with a lot of red accents and because I was snowed in and didn't have any other paint color I wanted to use on hand, I decided on red. But, with the crazy cold temps we had last week, I was leery of using spray paint (and I didn't want to freeze to death in the process!). So I decided to use craft paint. And my black tinted glaze.





Here's what it looked like after one coat of craft paint:




Much better after the second coat.




This is what happened as I was wiping off the glazing, probably due to the fact that I'm terribly impatient and didn't give the paint enough time to dry thoroughly, rather than because I used craft paint. But it covered up nicely.




And here's the finished project:




Kind of cute now, isn't it? One of my daughters was impressed. The other hasn't seen the transformation yet.




I'm really loving this glazing kick I'm on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment