Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cupcake Debut!

I guess there's a first time for everything.  I normally don't make cupcakes.  I do cakes.  Or cookies.  But I was making cookies for a friend for her daughter's wedding, and she talked me into doing the cupcakes too.  I was happy and relieved that they turned out as well as they did!

These are chocolate (mayonnaise cake) with a chocolate/Nutella filling.  I used whipped topping from Sam's on all of the cupcakes.  For these, I added a bit of the filling to the topping, then garnished with shaved chocolate, and pearls.


 



These are Red Velvet with a cream cheese filling.  Once again, I added some of the filling to the topping.  I garnished with shaved white chocolate and white sparkle sugar.




These are white with my strawberry cream filling.  Again I added filling to the topping to make it just a tad pink, then garnished with white sparkle sugar and a strawberry slice.




And here they are set up on the cake table.  She had a beautiful wedding cake too (sorry, no picture), which I did not make.  Cookies and cupcake were quite enough!!


And all this just three days after arriving home from our trip to CA!  Glad it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment